Access Statement For Portfolio Serviced Accommodation
This Access Statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Portfolio Serviced Accommodation offer self-catering luxury apartments in Hatfield, St Albans, Welwyn Garden city & Stevenage all of which are in Hertfordshire.
The apartments are spread over four buildings
We have one and two bedroom apartments. Currently we do not have 3 bedroom apartments however for extra guests we are happy to provide extra fold away beds and also some of our apartments have sofa beds.
The apartments have a mix of double & zip/link twin beds.
Each apartment has a main bathroom and the two bedroom apartments all offer an ensuite also. This is excluding St Albans City Centre apartment, these offer two bedrooms and one main family bathroom.
All apartments have living area with sofa, Sky+ TV/DVD player, dining table and chairs, fully equipped kitchen.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries regarding access or suitability or require any assistance please call or email us for a personal walk-through over the phone or help in deciding which apartment to choose. We can also offer virtual tours of some of our apartments by sending you pre recorded videos. Our number is 0800 024 and our email is firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer self check-in for all our bookings unless otherwise requested. Should you wish then we can arrange a meet and greet service during the hours of 9am to 6pm. (This is by prior arrangement only)
Our normal check in time is from 2pm onwards.
Full check in details is sent to the guest 72 hours prior to arrival.
The nearest mainline station to each of our properties is as follows;
(i) Portfolio Serviced Apartments St Albans City Centre – St Albans
(ii) Portfolio Serviced Apartments WGC Business Park – Welwyn Garden City
(iii) Portfolio Serviced Apartments Hatfield Town Centre – Hatfield
(iv) Portfolio Serviced Apartments Stevenage Town Centre – Stevenage
- Arriva buses provide regular bus services in and around Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City, Stevenage and St Albans. Intalink also offer a bus service in St Albans.
- National Express Coaches operate coach services from all airports: London Luton, London Heathrow, London Stansted and London Gatwick.
- We can provide the contact number of a local taxi company.
- The streets surrounding all our properties are paved and even.
Access to our properties is as follows:
Portfolio Apartments St Albans City Centre;
You access from the front of the building. Parking is at the front of the building also. The main door at the front of the building is accessed via a security code, which is provided in the check in details received 72 hours prior to arrival. Once you enter the main building you will then find the key safes to collect keys and access your apartment.
Portfolio Apartments WGC Business Park;
You access from the front of the building (whilst parking is at the rear of the building) we suggest if you have pre arranged parking you park at the front of the building in one of the visitor bays, enter the building and collect your parking permit before then moving your car to your allocated bay at the rear of the building. The main door at the front of the building is accessed via a security code, which is provided in the check in details received 72 hours prior to arrival. Once you enter the main building you will then find the key safes to collect keys and access your apartment.
Portfolio Apartments Hatfield Town Centre;
Key safes where you collect your keys are found at the rear of the building. Once you collect your keys you then walk around to the front of the building to enter the property. Parking is also at rear of the building. This property has a rear door which you can exit the building from however you can not enter this way as its for staff and security only.
Portfolio Apartments Stevenage Town Centre;
Entry to the building is via the front door which is opposite Tesco. There are 4 steps to access the front door. For wheelchair users there is a ramp from the carpark to enter the building. If you make us aware we will arrange collecting keys and access via this entry instead. Once inside the building you have to go down to the basement to the key safes whereby you can collect your keys for your apartment. You can get to the basement via stairs or lift access.Once you have collected your keys you will then be able to enter the building via one of 3 entrances via fob. The car park is located at the rear of the building and is accessed via a security code. This will be provided when booking parking. Should you like to exit the building to the rear of the building there is a pedestrian exit also.
There is also an out of hours emergency number which is provided in the check in details which can be used for any check in issues at any time.
We offer parking to all of our guests however that must be booked in advance.
Parking at each of our sites is as follows;
- Portfolio Apartments St Albans City Centre – Derbyshire House: Parking is by prior arrangement only. Failure to book parking will result in ticket being issued.
- Portfolio Apartments WGC Business Park – Empire House Parking is by prior arrangement only. Guests who book parking will be allocated a bay number and provided with a permit. There are also visitor bays onsite available to other cars.
- Portfolio Apartments Hatfield Town Centre – The Town. Parking is by prior arrangement only. Failure to book parking will result in ticket being issued. Additional pay and display parking is available onsite.
- Portfolio Apartments Stevenage Town Centre – Skyline House. Parking is by prior arrangement only. Guest whom book parking will be allocated a bay number and provided with a permit. There is also pay and display parking available just outside the main building.
- Portfolio Apartments St Albans City Centre – Derbyshire House – apartments are located on the ground or first floor. There is no lift at this location.
- Portfolio Apartments WGC Business Park – Empire House – Apartments are located on the ground, first and second floor. There is a ramp from the entry door to the ground level apartments. All other apartments can be accessed via lift.
- Portfolio Apartments Hatfield Town Centre – The Town – Apartments are located on the first and second floor. All apartmrntd can be accessed via lift.
- Portfolio Apartments Stevenage Town Centre – Skyline House – Apartments are located on the first, second, third or fourth floor. All apartments can be accessed via lift.
There is no loop system for the hard of hearing at any of the properties.
- The bedrooms are equipped with either double or zip/link beds, which can be configured as Kingsize or twin beds.
- Some apartments are equipped with a sofa bed in the living room.
- There is a main overhead light, and a lamp either side of the bed(s).
- All apartments have use of 1 hairdryer, normally located within the master bedroom.
Bathrooms, shower rooms and toilets.
- Our 1 bedroom apartments have a separate bath and overhead shower. There is a small step up and over into the shower.
- All our 2 bedroom apartments offer a main bathroom with bath and shower (over the bath with shower screen or curtain).
- They also offer ensuite walk-in shower, with toilet and sink. Generally, there is a small step up and over into the shower tray. (This is other than at our St Albans properties which only offer one bathroom in the two bed apartments)
- We can provide shower stools and/or removable shower handrails, as required.
- The taps are mixer taps.
- The bathroom is well lit & some apartments offer an additional there is not a shaver light.
- The bathroom decor is neutral.
All apartments have TV’s in the lounge area. The TV is digital with subtitles/audio descriptions available.
Floor Coverings within the Apartments
- All kitchen areas have either laminate or vinyl flooring in the kitchen and hall area. They all have carpeting in the bedrooms.
- Our apartments in St Albans & Hatfield have vinyl flooring in the lounge also however all other apartments are carpeted in the Lounge.
Public Areas - Halls, Stairs, Landings, Corridors
- The public area stairs and landings are brightly lit, with sensor lighting.
- The floor surfaces are all carpeted, with the exception of the ground floor area/hallway to lift access, which is tiled.
- There is a banister on all stair cases.
We ask for feedback from every guest and act upon suggestions to improve accessibility where possible.
Correspondence Address: 5a Swallow Court, Swallowfields, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, AL7 1SB
Telephone: 08000248914 (24 hours/7 days a week)