Welwyn Garden City was the second garden city in England, founded in 1920 by Sir Ebenezer Howard. It was designed to combine the benefits of living in the city with the countryside on your doorstep.
Much of Sir Howard’s vision still holds true today, and Welwyn Garden City is now highly sought after by commuters looking country living combined with fast and efficient access to London.
Welwyn Garden City today is full of character and culture with a vibrant mix of chic restaurants, cosmopolitan cafés and traditional gastro pubs. Additionally, you will find fantastic shopping, including The Howard Centre, John Lewis and other major high street names and with specialist boutiques in close proximity.
Commuters will find a fast and frequent service to London’s Kings Cross station taking just 21 minutes, and you can be in central London and the West end in under 45 minutes. The A1(M) is less than 6 miles away allowing easy access to the M25, the M1 and the whole of the South of England and the Midlands. If you are travelling by air London’s Heathrow Airport is a 40 minute journey whilst London’s Luton Airport is just 33 minutes. To the north east, just 6 miles away, is the market town of Hertford.
PORTFOLIO SERVICED APARTMENTS – WELWYN GARDEN CITY, BUSINESS PARK
Our Welwyn Garden City serviced apartments benefit from a fantastic location with shops, bars, restaurants and banks on your doorstep; and with Welwyn Garden City train station less than a 10 minute walk from your front door, you can be in London King’s Cross in less than 30 minutes.
Other nearby train stations are Welwyn North (1.8 miles) and Hatfield (2.4 miles)
Guests can expect:
- Free on-site parking
- Free wireless internet access
- A complimentary welcome pack is provided upon arrival!
- Weekly change of linen and housekeeping service
- Modern and well equipped kitchens with a washer/dryer, dishwasher, microwave as well as everything you might need if wanting to cook whilst away from home *Please note we have more than 10 apartments in this building and only some have a dishwasher as standard.
- Access to London, Welwyn Garden City to Kings Cross is just 21 minutes
- Close proximity to Howard Shopping Centre
- London Luton Airport (33 minutes), London Heathrow Airport (40 minutes)